Saturday, October 1, 2011

Canada Fall Tour Travel Journal Entry 1



October 1, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
Day 1

The first time I visited Canada, was also my first time leaving the country. I was kind of scared, but excited in a similar way to when I went on my first plane ride. Toronto turned out to be a lovely place to visit, and I enjoyed speaking at the Great Hall theater as well. The Field Trips we've had over the last few years brought many fans from Canada, and each time they would ask when we would visit further north. So it was well recieved when we finally planned out the idea of doing a tour in Canada.This year has been filled with many changes, and visiting another country that held many people who not only enjoyed our show but also the work we do is an amazing experience.

For the first leg of this tour, we are first in Ottawa for the Oct. 1st. speaking at the shenkman Arts Centre. Even though I am always nervous at any public event, I am looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully not only entertaining them, but also have them leave knowing something more then when they came.

Also while in Canada, I hope to try some poutine, which is fries, cheese curds, and gravy. This bar food is apparently popular across Canada and being a foodie, I love trying the local treats. If anyone has any other local Canadian food favorites I should try let me know.

Off to bed now to get much needed rest before prep for the first speaking.

http://paranormalcanada.com/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eilfie! I wish I could go tonight but school comes first (unfortunately). You will not be disappointed with poutine. It is AMAZING! A heart attack in a bowl yes... but incredibly delicious, especially if you're a meat and potatoes kind of person. You should also try beaver tails while in Ottawa. There are little stands set up all over. It's not actually a beaver's tail... it's kind of like a big long donut. Have fun in Canada, we are happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo Back in Canada, enjoy your visit you guys! P.S? Everyone should check out Eilfies art work! One word Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the poutine! It is heart attack in a bowl, but so good. I have to keep my eye out for beaver tail on our second trip to Canada. Hopefully it is not just an Ottawa thing.

    ReplyDelete