Sunday, August 21, 2011

Medusa Painting Finished

Update:
You can now purchase a print of Medusa at my etsy shop. I am selling it as a 8.5X11 in glossy print. The print is $10 with $5.20 S&H
http://www.etsy.com/shop/HecatesCrossroads


Here are the finale two images for the completion of the Medusa painting.

As I mention in my last post, Medusa has been a long time favorite figure from mythology for me. This gorgon is both portrayed as beautiful or hideous, one look could turn men to stone due to a curse inflicted upon her as punishment. She is as an image used for protection as well.

I was lucky enough recently to find a gold Medusa pin at good will. I painted it black, but the paint wares away to reveal some of the gold. It is a lovely pin that I use both for decoration and as a talisman of protection.




No comments:

Post a Comment